108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Servers Critical Status

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

Servers Critical Status

4 of my 15 servers are showing a severe status on the SIM system page, each of these 4 servers have been upgraded using the VC Agent. After installing 7.30 these messages start showing up and I cannot find out why. The messages are:

"Home->Management Processor -> Embedded NEC98431

Failed Home->Management Processor->Integrated Lights-Out

Failed Tasks->Remote Management->Remote Communication Options for Embedded NEC98431"

Could anyone give me any insight as to why this is happening? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

Re: Servers Critical Status

Is your Lights out card cabled? i.e is it plugged in via network cable to the network?

Jason Hindson
Regular Advisor

Scott,

I have encountered this problem on a few of my servers as well. I will make a post if I find anything.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Peter has the solution. With the new HP Agents 7.3, it now checks the iLO to see if there is a link. If not, it generates a status change for the server.

As soon as you plug in the iLO, the status will go back to green.

If you dont use your iLOs, you can disable the agent in the HP Agents applet in the control panel to prevent the status indicator.

At least, this has been my experience.
Nelson
Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

Yes I have had the same problem when I have been too lazy to commission the Rilo card when putting in a new server. Fault goes away when you plug it in.

can I have some points please ( if it works)
Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

Thank you all for your help, I have found that none of my iLOs are plugged in. Now my problem is I am having problems finding where to disable the applet in the control panel. Any thoughts?
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Scott:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Run the "HP Management Agents" applet.
3) Select "Remote Insight Information" from the list on the left (Active Agents) and click the arrow (Remove->) to move it to the list on the right (Inactive Agents).

Nelson
Scott Nunweiler
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to Nelson and Peter for helping me solve my problem all my servers have stopped coming up with those "severe" messages.

Mike Celone
Frequent Advisor

Nelson,

Is there a way to make this change across many servers all at once? I have about 2 dozen of these servers that are showing this issue. I corrected it on all of them but when I upgrade the management agents it doesn't hold these settings and reverts back to the original settings.
Mike