5124 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Servers previously managed with OpenSSH

OhhBee-1
Regular Advisor

Servers previously managed with OpenSSH

Hi,

I am experiencing some difficulties with adding some servers to my newly installed version of SIM installed with out ssh.

Some of these servers have OpenSSH installed, and I'm wondering if this could be related to the problems I'm having adding these servers. My question is the following; are there a special procedure in order to disable the ssh on the target systems, so that I can add them to my new CMS?

The error message is the following when i run the configure tool:

"Configuration of agents started, waiting for it to be completed.
Configure Agents and Providers (START) ...
Windows configuration command (START)...
HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to connect to the target, The target opera
ting system may not be supported.
Running the Windows based repair tool (DONE).......................... [ERROR]
Additional details above."

By the way, I know for a fact that the OS is supported. Have already checked the SNMP settings. It could be FW perhaps.

On beforehand,

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Servers previously managed with OpenSSH

hi,

what do you have set in managed system ssh host keys (options --> security --> ssh keys).
perhaps you need to import your keys first.

hope this helps

good luck

OhhBee-1
Regular Advisor

My new CMS does not have SSH installed. I do not want to use SSH ever again ;-)
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

i take it you've run through the usual network connectivity checks ping , sending an snmp trap ,firewall ports etc.
you have valid credentials set for wbem, snmp etc.
are they discovered yet ? if only a few servers try local instal/config of agents and retry communication.
are these servers completely tied down network wise ,only listening on port 22 everything else disabled ?

OhhBee-1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your time, I appriciate it. All the servers which I'm talking about are discovered. 99.99% sure that all necessary FW openings are there(meaning all ports in the whitepaper which is a lot). I'm not using wbem, I', only interested in SNMP, a protocol which shows up as supported in the "product description" after an "identify". User am using is domain admin. Weird?

marsh_1
Honored Contributor

so they are discovered but have no agents on yet ?
OhhBee-1
Regular Advisor

Agents have been installed long time ago and have been managed earlier by a CMS with SSH. They case now is that a would like to take these over. Sorry if this has not come to the table earlier.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

have you tried the replicate agents settings to copy from one of your other systems agents ?