New Discussion юеВ

Re: Service account credentials for HP SIM 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scotty Gordon
Occasional Contributor

Hi folks,
one of the engineers kindly lists above that "If the password for the account HPSIM uses needs to be changed at a later date then there's a command that needs to be run that updates the DB connection string."
Couls someone tell me what that command is please?
Basically I changed the password of the service account and although the services run fine, SIM no longer starts. When I change the password back, SIM starts fine.
I need to change the account password, so can someone supply the update command for the DB string?
Thanks very much,
Scott
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Patrick,
I recommend starting a new thread when asking questions like this rather than appending to an old thread.
Gives you the opportunity to add points, mark as answered etc. They all make the forums easier to use as solutions are more readily identified.
See the following doc. for managing passwords.
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_5_changing_the_SystemName.pdf
Tom_South
Occasional Visitor

@Scotty Gordon wrote:
Hi folks,
one of the engineers kindly lists above that "If the password for the account HPSIM uses needs to be changed at a later date then there's a command that needs to be run that updates the DB connection string."
Couls someone tell me what that command is please?
Basically I changed the password of the service account and although the services run fine, SIM no longer starts. When I change the password back, SIM starts fine.
I need to change the account password, so can someone supply the update command for the DB string?
Thanks very much,
Scott

This should explain where you need to change.
 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03585371&sp4ts.oid=383468