108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Setting Disk Thresholds

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nancy Kafer
Frequent Advisor

Setting Disk Thresholds

I have a Windows 2000 server that (Proliant DL380 G3) I need to set disk thresholds on. When I open the System Management Homepage for the server and select "Logical disks" it tells me that I need to enable logical disk performance by running the Diskperf -Y command and rebooting the server. I have done this and I still get the message.

I am running HP SIM 4.1 SP1.

What do I need to do to be able to view logical disks on this server so I can set thresholds?

Thanks for any help.

Nancy
16 REPLIES 16
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting Disk Thresholds

Verify that the device has a Read/Write or Read/Create community string defined. This can be a separate and unused string that never transmits across the wire but enables intra-agent communication.
Nancy Kafer
Frequent Advisor

I verified the settings in the SNMP Service on my server that I'm trying to set the thresholds on...it shows both a read only and read/write community string going to my SIM host.
deceit
Advisor

Nancy,

Configure the Public snmp string to "READ" and the private one to "READ CREATE" in the servers SNMP settings.

I am not sure if this will fix your issue, but this is what it says to do in the manual.

Regards.
Nancy Kafer
Frequent Advisor

Thanks I'll try that and see what happens. I'll repost with my results.
Nancy Kafer
Frequent Advisor

I tried changing the SNMP private string to "READ CREATE", ran the DISKPERF -Y command and rebooted my server and I'm still getting the same message and can't set my disk thresholds.
Scott Sievers
Frequent Advisor

To set disks thresholds do not click on "Logical Disks" in the perfromance category. You need to click on "File System Space Used" in the storage category.
Nancy Kafer
Frequent Advisor

I tried setting the thresholds from the "File System Space Used" tab but the handles are grayed out and there is a message:

Setting thresholds: Thresholds cannot be set due to access limitations.

I have logged into the system management homepage for this server using the administrator account.

Scott Sievers
Frequent Advisor

Let's troubleshoot something here. In order to change the thresholds you need to log in as an Administrator or a Operator. Basically anything but a User or Anonymous. Any time I log in with User access I get that exact same error. Set up a Operator account and try logging in with that.

What version of SMH are you using?
It should say something like
HTTP Server v5.7.0
or
HP System Management Homepage v2.0.2.106
in the bottom left
Nancy Kafer
Frequent Advisor

I get the same thing if I log in as Operator or Administrator. The HTTP Server version is 5.94.0