1748195 Members
3019 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Setting Temperature in the cpqhlth.mib

Robert W. Eastman Jr._2
Frequent Advisor

Setting Temperature in the cpqhlth.mib

Is there a way that we can set a temp in degrees/Celsius in the MIBS to notify us sooner when the temperature is nearing a critical temp?
Dream On Alice This Ain't Wonderland
(NTFS) No Time For Stupidity
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting Temperature in the cpqhlth.mib

The thresholds are programmed into each computer's BIOS and is not in the MIB. Each component can have an individual setting, therefore, and it can vary based on the component. A system with a 3.8GHz 130w component needs a different setting than one with a 3.0GHz 65w processor, even if they're both in a DL380G5.

The thresholds first alert at the caution temp which gives you time to react before it reaches the critical temp.
Pawan Rawat_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Robert

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.compaq.cpqHealth.cpqHeComponent.cpqHeThermal.cpqHeTemperatureTable.cpqHeTemperatureEntry is the mib object which shows value of temperature threshold and temp in celsius.

cpqHeTemperatureThreshold
cpqHeTemperatureCelsius

Thanks
Pawan
Imrich

Maybe I am going to ask stupid question but nevertheless. What utility can I use to read temperature of server components ex. HDD backplane or harddisk drives. Thank you.
Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor

The System Mgmt Homepage - System - Temperature section should show you the CPU/motherboard temperatures.

I don't recall seeing temperatures displayed for HDD's or storage enclosures attached to array controllers. The SMH - Storage - Smart Array controller in slot x - Storage Box should show you a status page & it includes a Thermal Status state if there is an applicable monitoring sensor.