New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setting up Disk Thresholds

SOLVED
Go to solution
kev001
Advisor

Setting up Disk Thresholds

I have recently installed HPSIM 6.0 - windows

I have set up discovery and managed to setup snmp alerts. I.e if a power cable is removed I receive an email alert to let me know.

However I am receiving no alerts regarding Disk Space.

As a test, I have configured Disk Thresholds. Configure >Disk Thresholds > Set Disk Thresholds > Chosen my test proliant server then set a percent of 10% and decreasing as a test. > Run now > and the threshold is set successfully.

However I receive no traps regarding the threshold?

I have also setup automatic event handling > and a task emailing all events. I only receive emails when the server is rebooted or a nic is removed etc.

Is there a guide you can point me too?

What I would like to do is setup hpsim to email a daily server report listing disk space, cpu usage etc. This would save us from running through a checklist every day.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
ehuang
Super Advisor

kev001
Advisor

Thanks for the reply, but I have already followed the steps on your link. The disk thresholds have been set under the current disk percentage levels, so I was expecting some kind of trap / alert to be sent.

Am I missing somthing?

Like I said I have an automatic event set, so if any trap is sent I should receive an email alert.
kev001
Advisor

Can anybody that has this working give any advice? What are the steps I need to take to be alerted when a server is low on disk space?

kev001
Advisor

bump
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Critical Rising Thresholds and Rising Thresholds are set via Event Type is:Unassigned.
You have to go through 1600 or so events and pick them.
HP screwed the pooch on this one. Unless you pick you want alerts on every event, you have to select them from the Unassigned catagory.
Took me a while to find them too.
kev001
Advisor

Thanks for your reply Jason. Can you please explain further?

I have already setup automatic event handling for all events and never receive any for disk thresholds! Other than setting the disk thresholds is this all i should need to do?

Were you suggesting I create an automatic event but select just the events you mentioned? Obviously if I am not receiving a disk threshold alert from all events, filtering down to the relevant ones wont really help ... yet!!
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor
Solution

If you have your event sent to alert you for all events, you should get the alert.

I don't have mine set for all events as I get too much junk emails with over 700 servers.

Since I had a problem with the disk space trap not showing trap details, I suggest you reinstall the MIB pack.
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/mibkit.html
kev001
Advisor

I have now recieved a rising threshold alerts from a couple of servers.

Something isnt quite right but ill keep working on it!

Thanks for your help!
kev001
Advisor

Install latest MIBS