108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Setup trust between SIM & VCRM

SOLVED
Go to solution
remora
Advisor

Setup trust between SIM & VCRM

Hi, I can't get my managed servers to see my VCRM, how can I check the trust between the two is configured correctly?

Or how should I have set it up?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Setup trust between SIM & VCRM

The trust is established between the CMS and the server.
If you can click on the HW icon and go straight to the Servers Home Page the trust should be okay.
You may need to run a SW Polling task to pull the SW into line.
remora
Advisor

Thanks Rob, did you mean the green arrow under the HS header?

It takes me through to the System Management Homepage for the box, however the HP Version Control Agent has a nice blue question mark next to it?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes I did, and you go straight through without having to enter any credentials. That would indicate the trust is okay.
I think SNMP needs to be okay as well.

Hovering over the blue "?" should produce some text, something like "not configured"?
What happens if you click on this?

The other thing to check is the HP Version Control Agent has been installed and is running.
remora
Advisor

Hi Rob,

Yes if I click on the green tick under HS it loads the MNGment page
https://%hostname%:2381/

If I hover over the blue question mark I get an info pop up that states "SWStatus: Unkown - VC Agent not configured" If I click the question mark the Version Control Agent web page opens, and under Software Status says:
Status cannot be calculated because a Version Control Repository Manager has not been named. Click on change agent settings to specify a Version Control Repository Manager.

The VCA is installed on the box and the service is running, if I point it to another CMS box it works fine, it just won't pick up the new CMS box!

Thanks again for your help.
scotted
Frequent Advisor

You need to setup the VCA to talk to a new VCRM. ON the client go under "Change Agent Settings" and specifcy a new computer name with login account and password.
remora
Advisor

Scott I've tried that with no joy, I get the following message:- "The specified repository, hostname, is invalid or not reachable"

So it seems there is a problem on the VCRM, but not sure what, or how to fix?

Cheers