HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in Failure with SIM 5.0

Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

Sign in Failure with SIM 5.0

I just installed HP SIM 5.0 in a test environment and was working fine yesterday but now I can't even login with the service account. We have a domain account that's a local admin on all servers running the SIM service and I'm getting "Sign in Failure" when I try to login with that account. The only change i made to login permissions yesterday was adding my teams domain group so they could login as admins. Now none of us can login. I'm seeing the svc account making a database connection. There was an error in the server event log last night indicating the following:

database Lost connection to database, exception: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Address already in use: connect.

I've restarted the service and even the server but nothing is working. I'll re-install if we have to (just QA) but I'd like to see if we can troubleshoot it. Thanks.
1 REPLY
Steve Giordano
Frequent Advisor

Re: Sign in Failure with SIM 5.0

Never mind. We don't allow SA rights in SQL Server for applications and had set the service account up with DDLAdmin rights but forgot to add DataReader/DataWriter as well. That fixed it.