cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim 5.1 Log files

Patrick Little
Occasional Visitor

Sim 5.1 Log files

Is there a specific location for error processing in say a log file for Sim 5.1? upgraded from 5.0 sp2 to 5.1 and now does not open correctly. verified DB connectivity and dbo rights for id. Large Environment 2500+ servers.
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Sim 5.1 Log files

For a standard install the logs are located at;
C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\logs

There are a number of posts in the forums regarding issues upgrading to 5.1. You might want to try searching the forums.

Or come back here with more detail on the actual error you're getting.
Patrick Little
Occasional Visitor

Looking for more detailed information of the sim application authenicating to the outside SQL server. The Sim server uses a local Administrative id to run the Sim application and communicate with SQL Server. Nothing else has changed that I am aware of except the upgrade and recreation of the database. No where is there a log that I can find that states that Sim is not communicating with the SQL Database. The Administrative piece {http://:50000} will not load - just counts. System Insight Server Service is starting and does not fail. No errors are being created within the servers event viewer.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

When HPSIM starts it will take a while before the web interface is available.
You'll see CPU usage for the mxdomainmgr process quite high.

The upgrade creates a new database, you should see that. It should have access to it, I think if the service starts it has got access to it.

The mxdomainmgr log file contains information that covers accessing the database.