4873 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simply Drivers installation VCRM

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Simply Drivers installation VCRM

Hi

All of my windows server have VCA install land assigned to HP Porliant Support Pack 2013.09 (Use certificate to authenticate VCA to access VCRM)

I just want to update BIOS (just this item is critical on many servers ) so i my mind, i just had to click to View System Software or "update to baseline", select Online ROM Flash Component for Windows x64 -then update but i cant' select a single item .. !!??

If i need to create a specific baseline for it, it colmplicate a lot the process ... 

Thanks for your help
Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello Guillaule,

You can also select software or firmware to deploy, here you can select a baseline or separate update like bios or ilo firmware etc...

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

thanks Andrew but i knew this solution. 

The point is if i've different Proliant version, i have to note the non update element, search in VCRM (and VCRM can be huge) launch multiple tasks 

in the server view, baseline tab, it would be more easier, the critical  item are direclty shown with the last version in the repository .... 

strange design

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

You could also make a baseline with all the biosses for multi server types and push that baseline to all servers. It will run all updates on all servers but will only update if the hardware is found. You only have to make a baseline for all types of operating systems like 2003 32/64 bits, Windows 2008 and Linux if present.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

hi

thanks .. i'll try this method :)

Regards