7275 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Single Login and Software Status not working on HP SIM 5.1

Celio Correia
Advisor

Single Login and Software Status not working on HP SIM 5.1

Hello,

The "All Servers" table view of HP SIM 5.1 show an "i" for the SW column and when I click on it I get "Version Control Agent Trust Relationship Problem. Be sure that a trust relationship exists between the HP Systems Insight Manager and Version Control Agent on the target system."
I have set the SMH on every server to trust by certificate and I have imported the HP SIM certificate into each server but it still won't work.
The single login, doesn't work as well, so I have to login again when acessing the SMH of a target server through the CMS. I have set a target server to "trust all" but it doesn't change anything.
I have also tried the "software status pooling" thing and the result is the same - nada, rien, nothing.

IтАЩm running the 7.60A (latest version) agents on our Windows 2000 servers.

Would anyone shed some light on this problem? IтАЩve read other threads on similar problems but they didnтАЩt lead me to a solution.

Another thing that intrigues me, every time I login to the HP SIM CMS console, I have to type my credentials 3 times!

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Rancher
Honored Contributor

After you remove and then reimport the certificate, log out of the server's homepage and restart the VCA service. Then run your software poll.
Celio Correia
Advisor

Hello, I just tried that but it still doesn't work.

Thanks anyway.
Celio Correia
Advisor

Anyone has any ideas? The only way to get the single login to work is if I enable the anonymous remote access.
Celio Correia
Advisor

Hello!

I have found a solution for the trust issue.

1. On the CMS go to options -> security -> certificates -> trusted certificates.
2. Select "Always Accept".
3. On the SMH of the managed systems, select trust by certificate, remove and reimport the CMS certificate, save the configuration.
4. On the CMS go to options -> indentify systems, select all systems and run the task.
5. On the CMS go to options -> status polling -> software status polling and run the task.

Voila! The trust relationship is now established and the single sign on to the managed systems as well as the software polling should now work.

I hope this helps someone else out there as it took me a while to figure it out.

Cheers! :)