cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow console log off and reboot of HP SIM serverv after update to version 6.2

Larry-Bowers
Advisor

Slow console log off and reboot of HP SIM serverv after update to version 6.2

I upgraded my version of HP SIM to 6.2 about a month ago when I added a new DL380 G7. Didn't notice this right away but it now takes right at 10 minutes to log off the console.

Approximately same amount of time to do a log off/reboot.

Access via web console is just fine and from what I see HP SIM is happy and works as intended.

Any ideas of what to look at to speed this up?

Thanks
3 REPLIES

Re: Slow console log off and reboot of HP SIM serverv after update to version 6.2

Long shot but could be related to antivirus. Do you have CA Pest Patrol?
I dont remember which versions but we had similiar issues with HP agents and CA pest patrol running together in the past. 10min+ loggofs and reboots.

Killing the cmd processes spawned by the SMH or disabling pest patrol had solved it at the time.
Larry-Bowers
Advisor

Re: Slow console log off and reboot of HP SIM serverv after update to version 6.2

Why yes I do have CA PestPatrol on that box. Very interesting. I will do some experimenting. Thanks for the idea and I'll let you know what I find.
Larry-Bowers
Advisor

You nailed it!

I uninstalled CA ITM form that box and log off or restart was 'right-now' so that was the issue.

It looks like I cannot install only the A/V part of ITM so I stopped the pestpatrol service and disabled it. That appears to allow the logoff and reatart to function at expected speed.

Thanks again for pointing me in that direction.