Smart Array 6400 Controller

Internal Storage System on Port 2
Fan Status: Failed

What fan?
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Array 6400 Controller

It depends on the server. I had this last week with a ProLiant ML370 G4. There are 6 internal fans (inside the server) and the one in port 2 had failed.
kf5613

Yes, this one also has 6 fans and all of them are fine. All 6 lights are green. I have interchanged the fans and still get the same error. It posts the fan error on boot up. I've been on the phone all morning with an HP tech and they have verified this. The ticket has now escalated to the 2nd tier support.
kf5613

Here is the error: Failed.

Drive Box Fan Status. This is the current status of the fans in the drive box. This value will be one of the following: other(1) Fan monitoring is not supported by this system or it is not supported by the driver. ok(2) All fans are working normally. failed(3) One or more storage system fans have failed. The fan(s) should be replaced immediately to avoid hardware damage. noFan(4) This unit does not support fan monitoring. degraded(5) At least one storage system fan has failed, but there is still sufficient cooling capacity to allow the system to continue. The fan should be replaced.