Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what events do i setup for hp-sim manager for hardware faults ?

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

So what events do i setup for hp-sim manager for hardware faults ?

We just set up hp-sim. It is currently set up to report important events. And then it says under that "severuty is critical"  "severity is major"  So should I keep it this way and will i get info when a drive dies or i have a bad memory or even when drives are mirroring. Or should I have it at all events. I really don't what constitutes all events and what constitutes important events. Where do i find that info ? And advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES
rchinn
Occasional Visitor

Re: So what events do i setup for hp-sim manager for hardware faults ?

I was hoping to get some feedback on this issue as well. I have set the events to sent alerts for power supply failures and disk failures ( other hardware if available as well) My question is how do I know that HPSIM is actually monitoring these specifically. a colleague told me that this is displayed through the "heath status" table, but I am having trouble with some servers diplaying information in this way.

Is there a way to find out what is being monitored regarding hardware?

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Is there phone support for this product ?

Steve McNutt
Occasional Advisor

On mine I have it set to notify on 'major' or 'critical'.  There's a tool in the Proliant Support Pack that you can use to test SIM to make sure that it is receiving messages of that severity level and acting on them accordingly.