1753964 Members
7731 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Software Version Status: Unknown -- VC Agent Not Configured

dkenn
Occasional Advisor

Software Version Status: Unknown -- VC Agent Not Configured

I'm having a problem with none of my servers showing what their software version status is. I'm getting the error: "Software Version Status: Unknown -- VC Agent Not Configured". And on the HP SIM box itself it even shows that the trust doesn't exist.

Even when clicking on the blue dot with the question mark on some servers, it pulls up the data but just doesn't appear correct in HP SIM.

I'm running HP SIM 5.2, done manual software status polling, and restarted the VCA on servers.

What else can I try?

Thanks,

DK
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You need the trust to be working first.
If you hit the HS icon you should go directly to the SMH on the target server. If not then the Trust is not working.

You can manually import the HPSIM Server certificate using the SMH. It should also be pre-configured into your agents.

The VCA is also configured with logon credentials to the server hosting the VCRM. I use a local account but it should work with a domain account.
dkenn
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, but this does not work either. I have tried importing the cert from the VCRM server to no avail.
Ervinck Kevin
Valued Contributor

I did already a couple installations of HPSIM 5.2 and came across this too. This was bringing a solution in every install:

1) Log onto the SMH for each server.
2) Select settings tab
3) Select the Security link under the System Management Homepage section
4) Select Trust Mode under the Security setting
5) Select the Trust Certificate link at the tail end of the Secure Trust Modes section
6) You may alerady have a certificate installed. If so, click the Remove Cert link. At that point you will see a Success dialog window.
7) On your link bar near the top re-select the Trust Mode link to go back to the Trust Modes page.
8) On the Trust Modes page click the Save Configuration at the bottom.
9) Again you will get a Success dialog window.
10) Again, on your link bar near the top re-select the Trust Mode link to go back to the Trust Modes page.
11) Again select the Trust Certificate link on the Trust Mode page.
12) On the Trusted Management Server Certificates page, at the bottom enter the name of your SIM server and then click the Add Certificate From Server button on the left.
13) On the Verify Certificate for WIL-HPCIM01 page click the Add Certificate to Trust List button at the bottom.
14) Again a Success dialog window appears.
15) Again, on your link bar near the top re-select the Trust Mode link to go back to the Trust Modes page.
16) On the Trust Mode page click on the Save Configuration button at the botton.

After that it might be necessary to delete the server from SIM, add it again and do a Software Update status.
Ervinck Kevin
Valued Contributor

Seems there is hotfix out now when you have HP SIM v5.2
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html#hotfixwin
dkenn
Occasional Advisor

It is working now. I think between applying the hotfix and reestablishing the trust, it is all working now. Thank you for your assistance!

DK