1754016 Members
7409 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Software Version Status is blank after VC Agent update

Paul At LSR

Software Version Status is blank after VC Agent update

Hello!

I'm fairly new to HP SIM, however I seem to be having a unique issue.

I updated the Proliant Support Pack for Windows Server 2003 to version 7.51A on three of my test servers before deploying to the rest of my network. Since then, the Software Version Status is blank after the update. The VC Agent is configured with the correct credentials to connect to the HP SIM server and the VC Agent itself shows that everything is ok.

I forced a Software Status Poll, however this didn't seem to do any good (for those 3 systems). I have the server certificate configured for the Systems Management Homepage and there doesn't appear to be any communication issues between the servers and the HP SIM server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul
7 REPLIES 7
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Check SNMP settings (Community strings and Trap destinations) on those servers. Also you could test SNMP by sending trap from SMH page.
Paul At LSR

Hi Albert!

Thank you for the suggestion. The SNMP traps are pointing to the HP SIM server and I have successfully sent test traps. Unfortunately, I don't think this is why I'm not receiving the SW Version Status at all. :(
Tooling
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I had the same problem. I have solved it:

I did update the System Management Homepage and did configure it with Access Groups like MYSIMSERVER.AT.WORK\SIMopers at the Operator group list. After removing the MYSERVER.AT.WORK\ part I have access again.
(Note that the group SIMopers is a local group on my SIM-server with members which I can use now to enter the homepage with Operator credentials, since the System Management Homepage on your VCR-server # normally your SIM-server # is the entrance to the VCR).

Hope this is a solution to your problem too!

Cheers,

Perry.
Paul At LSR

Hi Perry!

Thank you for the suggestion, however I am able to access the Systems Management Homepage without issue from the SIM server. Everything else is being reported back to the SIM Server except Software Version Status.

Thanks, though!

Paul
Giroevolver

I also have this issue and am unable to resolve it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Giro
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I have sometimes had this issue as well. I think that the certificate may ocassionally get corrupted. I delete the old certificate through the server's homepage, reimport, restart the service, then run the software poll. This usually fixes it for me.
DEJones_1
Advisor

Paul,

I have way too many servers to count (1700+) some with this issue, some not. I have found a fix. Even after updating all servers to 7.60A Insight Agents, far too many would not report the software version. Most showed a question mark in a circle. All agents were of the correct version, even SMH. What I found was that by pulling a copy of the SMH executable from the repository down to the server with the problem. Rather than doing a direct install, I extract it to a folder and then run the executable (repair mode). Make certain that you configure it correctly for you network for access levels, trust relationships, etc. After the install, do a software poll on the offending server from SIM and it should come up okay.

Thanks
DennisJ