6360 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Software repository automatic update not working on VCRM

BS1
Occasional Advisor

Software repository automatic update not working on VCRM

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the autoupdate of the software repository to work on the version control repository manager.

When I configure the automatic update settings I get the following error message;

Error: unable to connect.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Invalid HTTP status 403 trying to read file remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml
Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software2/COL3293/catalogindex.xml to local file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wh219.tmp

I have configured the correct proxy/login and have checked that the browser has been set to use passive FTP. I can also browse to the above ftp site on the server without a problem.

Has anyone got any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

error be because file "wh219.tmp" already exists in temp folder which VCRM is trying to create. So, stop VCRM service, clear "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP" folder and start VCRM & perform automatic update.
BS1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for that, I tried your suggestion but the tmp file doesn't exist, so I still have the same problem...
Bernd Theobalt
Advisor

I saw the same problem this week during an installation at customer site. Did you find the cause of the issue?