Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software status reported inacurately

Gary Head
Occasional Advisor

Software status reported inacurately

Hi
I have a server that is showing a major alert under the software warning. I have checked this on the local servers agent interface and all is fine with a full set of green ticks. I have tried polling the software status to no avail.
I am aware of the method of removing and discovering again but when you have 200 servers and you configure SIM to suit, you do not want to do that every time a status changes. Also this problem first arose in SIM4.1 and is still a problem in SIM5.4.

Thanks Gary
3 REPLIES
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Re: Software status reported inacurately

Gary make sure that the check box underneath of the Reference Support Pack in the VCA settings it is unchecked.

This will display a major status if the Reference Support Pack and what is installed on the system don't exactly match.

- Jim
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

It will also show a Major alert if the Software Polling task has not been able to access the agent.
Can you click on the SW Icon and go directly to the VCA Page from the HPSIM screen?
Gary Head
Occasional Advisor

Hi
Thanks for your replies. It has actually changed it's status today. I believe there may be an issue with the global protocol settings in SIM 5.4 as I have found that when the SNMP comunity strings are placed in the global default settings and then aplied to the agents as a global setting they seem to be ignored, however when I change the setting on an individual server to use the SNMP settings specified in the manual imput box they are applied succesfully.

Many thanks Gary