1751693 Members
5093 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Software version status unknown within HP SIM

JoeT_1
Occasional Advisor

Software version status unknown within HP SIM

I am having an issue with HP SIM 5.0 SP4 where the software version status is giving an unknown on all of my servers.

"Be sure that a trust relationship exists between the HP Systems Insight Manager and Version Control Agent on the target system.

Consult the help for more information about setting up a trust relationship. "

There is a link to the user guide for this section "Setting Up trust relationships."
I have followed all indicators in the guide and still have the same problem. This is even happening with the CMS.

I am wondering what the problem could be? Any assistance would be welcomed.
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Software version status unknown within HP SIM

Check Tasks & Logs --> Task Results to make sure that the SW Status Polling task has been run.
JoeT_1
Occasional Advisor

no luck after running the SW status poll either. I ran it again just to be on the safe side with no luck.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Are you trusting by certificate? If so, you might try this. Log onto the server homepage, https://servername:2381. Go to settings, security, trusted management servers. Remove and then reimport the certificate, log out of the homepage. Then restart the VCA service on the server, and then run a software poll. This has always fixed it for me. I think the certificates occasionally get corrupted. Fairly often, it seems sometimes!
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

From HPSIM, if you click on the HW Icon for a a server do you go straight to the SMH or do you get challenged with a Logon?

If it is the latter then you do not have a Trust Relationship established.

From the SMH you should be able to click on the VCA Link, that should show a column listing the SW versions you have plus if you have configured it to connect to the VCRM a list of software available. A third column is available if you have selected a Baseline PSP.
I always use a local account for VCRM connectivity - I've had more success with that.
Tommy Knight
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the identical problem with HP SIM 5.2. I've gone in manually and set the trust by certificate and imported the cert from the SIM server. Still says unknown. Some say Security Trust Issue but I've gone in and set everything.