1752796 Members
5639 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Split Cersion control repository to new server

Dean Duensing
Advisor

Split Version control repository to new server

My environment has had some performance problems.  I created a new server to host the VCR and VCRM, which has been working "OK", but when I try to assign SW baselines from Insight Manager, I find that SIM doesn't know about my new VCR!  Is there a configuration that will allow me to seperate the Insight Manager functions and the Version control functions?

Thanks!

D

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Is the new VCRM server added to the SIM setup ? and can it read the SMH,WBEM or SNMP ?

If the VCRM server is not dicovered enough it does not see the VCRM, you also need to have a trust with the SIM server.

Why do you still use the VCRM instead of the HP SUM to update your server(s)?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Dean Duensing
Advisor

Thanks Andrew!

We are still running some older hardware (G5, G6) systems, and the SIM world has been working pretty well.  How do I "Discover" the new VCR system, just normal discovery?  kind of looking for some documentation.

Thanks again!

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

What kind of server is your VCRM? It needs to scan like a normal server SMH and SNMP or WBEM.

Treat it like you would any other server, when it scans the SMH it will detect the VCRM. Even if the VCRM server is a virtual, when you wanted to install the VCRM you also installed the SMH right?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Dean Duensing
Advisor

Thank you!  I think that was the key!  Once I updated the SNMP settings to allow discovery to work, the Repository showed up, and I was able to assign baselines from it!

Thank you for the guidance!