1752290 Members
4664 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: re-posted it!

doctor_d

Status "all systems" is not updated on HP insight manager

Hello everyone.

I installed HP Insight Manager , and there is one point troubled event.

On the "all systems" I checked status of servers.

After matters "major" is displayed once although repair, I think back to the "normal", but remains "major".

After check the event , delete it , in the "All Systems" the status remains "major".

On the left pane "System Status" , the unconfirmed events  is to be 0

but on the right pane , "3 Major" is not updated.

I fly link on "major" icon to iLO or SMH, of course status has become normal.

I try to restart the Insight Manager server , the situation does not change.

Insight Manager is following the latest, servers has applied the SPP of 2,015.10.

Version: Systems Insight Manager 7.5.0 - Windows build version: C.07.05.00.00r75rc01 build date: 2015-07-30 13:02

Does someone have information?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
VidyaVI
Valued Contributor

Re: HP insight manager「すべてのシステム」でステータスが変化しない

Could you please re-post your question here in English? This will help everybody in the Forum understand the discussion and allow them to participate as well. Thanks,

Regards,
Vidya
Forums Moderator

Accept or Kudo

doctor_d

re-posted it!

Thanks vidya and I re-posted it.

I miss-posted it on English community.

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you delete a server for wich the status is wrong and you re-add the server is the status correct?

Can you also post a screenshot of a problem server where you see the HW, MP, SW and ES status?

This is the hardware, ILO, Software and event status.  Events don' have to change the Hardware status.

Kind regards,

Andrew
doctor_d

Thanks all.

Post 4 screen shots.

Because the server is HP SIM server , I can not delete & re-add it.

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Could be the IML log, check the log in the SMH and clear any uncleared events. Then either do a status poll by hand or wait for a minute or 15 for the status to update. Also check if the SMH has WBEM and or SNMP as a source.

Your server is a GEN8 server so perhaps you use the ILO and AMS agent. Please let me know which protocol you use. Oops checked the screenshot and you seem to be using WBRM and SNMP. My tip would be to uninstall the SNMP agents and WBEM and install the AMS agent, enable SNMP on the ILO. Now rerun the identify ILO and see what happens.

Kind regards,

Andrew
doctor_d

AMS and IMA

Dear Andrew.

Thank you very much.

With installing SPP all modules , the GEN8 server was installed WBEM and Agentless Management Agent.

I uninstalled WBEM and checked SMH , the data souece changed to "SNMP".

I understand the management architecture as blow

HW→iLO4→iLO4nic→(SNMP trap)→HP SIM

OS data→AMS→iLO4→iLO4nic→(SNMP trap)→HP SIM

HW&OS data→Insight Management Agent→SNMP→System Management Homepage ←(http)← Web Browser(SSO)

But the other problem occured.

On SIM the nic status was changed to "alert"

Some NICs are not connected to HUB and the status recognized as "alert"

With WBEM data source I set the non-connected NICs "not monitoring" on SMH , but with SNMP data source I can not.

Regards.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: AMS and IMA

Hello again,

You should also uninstall the SNMP agents. This seems strange but with the ILO4 you can monitor your server with the ILO in combination  with the AMS agent. The status should no longer be read from the SMH. This is only needed because it's needed by the Insight Manager software. And yes enabled nic's with no link show up as broken. Disable these on the OS.

Kind regards,

Andrew