1753515 Members
5478 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Status reported as Minor but nothing is wrong

Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Status reported as Minor but nothing is wrong

I have a ML310 G3 that is being reported as having a 'Minor' health status for the server and ilo card. When I go to the System Management Homepage on the server, it doesn't show anything as being wrong. There aren't any failed or degraded items. The only thing different with the server compared to the rest of them is that the NIC and ilo are in different networks.

Anyhow, why would SIM think that the status is minor?
33 REPLIES 33
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Kevin,
ILO card connected to network ?
Ivan Daniel

You may want to try checking the Integrated logs. The events in the logs may have been fixed but the log entries need to be cleared or deleted
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Another one: is the external trafo for the ILO-board not connected?
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

The ilo card is connected. It is on a different network than the server's network card though.

I checked the logs, there isn't anything that needs to be cleared.

What is the external trafo? The server is in a remote location and I haven't actually seen it yet so I don't know what is connected.
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

Does the status stay at minor after re-identifying the server, or deleting & re-discovering?
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Yeah. I've deleted it from SIM, restarted the agents, etc and it keeps showing up as Minor.
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

I do not know what kind of ILO-board an ML310 has, but the ML370 has a "Remote Insight Lights Out Edition" ILO-board. It's got an (external) auxiliary power unit.
Check the SMH, Remote Insight Board, Power, Auxiliary Power. It may show yellow.
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

There isn't any external power, at least not that I see.
Terence Burton
Occasional Advisor

Hi Kevin,
I don't know if this will help, but there are two things you could try:

1. Run a hardware status polling from SIM (Make sure the job includes the problem server), this will update the minor warning.

or

2. I have iLo cards enabled, but not in use, so to stop errors appearing on SIM, from the problem server, go to control panel, load HP Management Agents, then from the services tab, highlight and remove "Remote Insight Information"

I hope this helps.