1748268 Members
3554 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Status reported as Minor but nothing is wrong

Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

I now have 3 servers that are doing this. They are a DL380 G2, a ML370 G1 and the original ML310 G3.
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

I take back my earlier post.
PSP 7.60 definitely fixed this issue.
I just installed it, and the servers all now report properly.
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

You shouldn't have a DL380 G2 doing this though..
Even the ML310 G3 should be ok.

Does your server SNMP settings allow read and create for the sim server? That needs to be set. Did you maybe configure the agents improperly where they are going for certificates or something?
The DL320 G4 was definitely an issue.
DL380 G2 shouldn't be though.
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

Everything is set correctly. The ML370 and DL380 G2 started doing this after I installed the 7.60A support pack. Prior to the installation, the two servers reported correctly.
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

That's very strange.
I just noticed that my new DL380 G5, and 2 new DL360 G5's were doing this. I installed 7.60 and it's fixed. So that was definitely linked to the ILO2 i think.

Not sure why you'd see this on a DL380 G2. That doesn't make any sense to me. I have 400 servers all reporting fine now.
The only things I can think: snmp set wrong on client or sim host, certificates not working if using them for trusted communication, maybe in the snmp properties you aren't checking physical/datalink/etc.. and just a few? i think you should check them all.
Cliff Ward

We also have the same issue, all servers reporting OK until 'Insight Management Agents' updated to 7.60, (Servers with embedded ILO appear OK, others failing Minor Health Status). As with previous thread removed 'Remote Insight Info' from Control Panel|HP Management Agents, Server Health Status now 'Normal' which points to an issue with ILOs. Reverted to 7.51, Server/ILO Health Status performing as expected, 'Normal'. Everything is set correctly.
Cliff Ward

Further to my last post, as with reply from GoonBoon the ILO 'External Power' in SMH (7.60) is constantly set to 'disconnected' even though all is OK, however unlike GoonBoon unable to resolve, (only reverting to 7.51 resolves).

In servers still at level 7.51 was able to Disconnect/Connect 'External Power' from ILO, this was reflected correctly in the SMH, (Disconnected and Connected) and consequently the SIM Server/ILO health displayed Minor/Normal. Obviously looks like there may be a problem with the latest release 7.60, but not sure where to go from here.
PB75
Advisor

I still get this "Minor" status on our W2K Servers (several models). Insight Board shows green, but external power shows "disconnected". Somebody solved this problem? (without going back to Support Pack 7.51)
Goonboon
Advisor

At the time when I posted my reply we were running at 7.51 and 7.60 was not out yet. What we have found with older servers running RILO's is if we upgrade to Support Pack 7.60 you have to downgrade just the agents to 7.51 to stop the false alarm reported by the RILO. Just like what Cliff did. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck with 7.70 but they keep hosing up the foundation agents for us so we are pretty much staying at 7.51 across our environment.
Ken Horn
Advisor

For anyone who may have been having trouble with the RILOs and a false minor status, the new management agents (7.80) seems to have fixed the problem. Installed on two DL380 G2s today and all is good again. It is not out as a PSP yet.

Cheers!