1748177 Members
4343 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Status reported as Minor but nothing is wrong

Wim Panhorst
Advisor

Re: Status reported as Minor but nothing is wrong

I have the same problem with a DL320 G4. None of the proposed solutions seem to help.
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

I'm still having this issue. I've finally decided to give up and watch that server closely.

Two thoughts - One is that I believe the ILO status is just a reflection of the server status (I'm not 100% sure on this)

Second, when we've had this issue the most common cause has been communication failure with the UPS and the only way we could verify was to RDP in console mode (if w2k3 use mstsc /console) or for our 2K we use dameware to get to the console and then outside of the agents we could see the UPS error.

MJ
dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

I've seen this with the ilo as the culprit. If you go to the smh, all components looks green including ilo. If you drill down in the smh to the management processor / integrated lights-out, I've seen one of the self test results components (usually nvram) in a degraded status. Clicking the 'reset ilo' button and waiting around 10 minutes will fix it. I get this everytime I do a firmware update on ilo's.
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Yes, this usually is often the ILO or RILOE II card that is the issue.

Funny enough, if you are running Compaq Insight Manager 5.5, you actually get the yellow indicator on Recovery icon and the RILO board. For some reason the SMH shows everything as green.
Kevin Everts_1
Regular Advisor

I tried resetting the ilo card but it didn't fix it.
Goonboon
Advisor

I had the same problem on an old GL580. After reading this post and the hints that it could be related to the iLO, I went through the SMH and checked out the iLO. Found that the External Power showed green but had a "Disconnected" error message. I reseated the External Power and removed the system from SIM. After resetting the iLO and adding the server back into SIM it seemed to have fixed my problem.

Server now shows green.

Hope this helps

Chris
komaxRos

Hello Kevin

I have extactly the same problem with my new Proliant ML310G3 and HP SIM, I have contacted HP support using the carepack contract. At this time HP is not able to fix the problem, something is wrong arround ILO2 power supply. Problem can be on Agent or on HP SIM, HP as repported the problem to developpers, as soon I have a response I will forward it to the post

Regards
KomaxRos
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

We have the exact same issue, nothing is wrong on the System Management Homepage, but SIM 5.0 SP5 is still reporting all of our DL320 G4's in a minor state.

I applied ILO Fw 1.22 (just released) to the servers, and that didn't fix it.

Has anyone found a solution to this?
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

Still no fixes. PSP 7.60 and firmware is out, anyone know if this has been resolved?
All my DL320 G4's running W2K3 are showing as minor.