Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752623 Members
4677 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suspend/Resume Monitoring

JustinH

Suspend/Resume Monitoring

I'm have a problem with HP SIM v5.2 sp2 where I cannot RESUME monitoring of a server.

I just see the message "Current monitoring state: Disabled (This system cannot be monitored.)" All options are greyed out and no radio buttons are selected.

No other servers are being affected.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

7 REPLIES 7
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Try re-identifying the server?
what kind of server is it? Is it showing correctly in HPSIM?
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

hi

Has the system been suspended in terms of monitoring ?

If so why not try to resume the monitoring by using the options menu / system properties / suspend-resume ?

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
RCGreg

I'm having the same problem w/HP SIM v5.1 w/SP1. SIM does not show the server's IP Address. All of the suspend/resume features are grayed out. Mgmt Processor Status displays as Normal but Performance Status says Unknown. I can log in to the server via ILO. Probably a dumb question, but how do you reidentify a server?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The lack of an IP address is the clue. This server has not been discovered or identified directly by HP SIM. Its presence was inferred because either the OA of the enclosure in which it's present or its iLO was discovered and HP SIM was told to 'discover' based on that. Turn off those options in Automatic Discovery and this won't happen.
MToddC
Occasional Contributor

I have having the same issue but with HP SIM 5.2 SP1 that is monitoring VMWare ESX hosts and sessions. I am not using VMM or agents on the sessions.

I am having a problem with 1 session. When I first add it to the console it can be monitored. When the daily identify systems task kicks off on the host it will not allow the session to be monitored. When you click on the server it states "Monitoring of the system is suspended indefinitely."

When I click on Suspend/Resume Monitoring it shows "Current monitoring state: Disabled (This system cannot be monitored.)" and everything is greyed out.

I added to this thread, I can start a new one if needed.

Thanks for any help,
MToddC
Scroggin

We had a similar problem and found we had to include the esxhost usename and password in the global settings so SIM could log into the host.
tobro-home
Advisor

I had the Same issue but there is a HP SIM 6.3.1  fix you have to

links.

http://g1w0134.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeries...

Hotfix can be downloaded here:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows63.html#hotfix63\

I made a spread that help me suspend muliple servers from excel

Here are my

My code TXT,   How to docs and  xlsm App attached which is ZIP

let me know if need help email tonyb@mr-itpro.com

click here to download the tool

video how to use the tool

http://www.screencast.com/t/vfBeBXiZ