1753259 Members
5536 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suspend or Resume Monitoring in SIM

SCC-Colin
Advisor

Suspend or Resume Monitoring in SIM

Is there anyway of granting access to the "Suspend or Resume Monitoring" feature without giving the user Full Configuration Rights? Without full rights I can get as far as selecting which devices I want to suspend or resume, then click on next and get the following message "You are not authorized to access this page."
4 REPLIES 4
no_face

I am having this issue as well. We have multi admin group environment and that are consistently working on a group of servers. They want the ability to disable these servers in SIM but I dont want to have to give them full control. I have created a new toolbox w/ just suspend\resume of monitoring and have gave the user group limited access.

Like SCC-Colin I can log into sim w/ a test account in that group, see the list of servers, go to options and choose to suspend\resume but when I click next on the verify target windows the next screen says "You are not authorized to access this page.". If I give full access then I can perform this task BUT I can also do about anything else I want like elevate my privileges.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

What OS is HP SIM hosted on?
no_face

Yes that would have been smart of me..
Win2k3 - HP SIM 5 SP2

Juergen.Kopp
Advisor

It is unbelievably, but it seems to be true... If I want my SIM users to be able to suspend monitoring, I need to give them FULL CMS configuration rights!

It is a bug or its a feature?

I tried to give different authorizations for SIM account with "limited" CMS rights, but at best got this error message:

"You are not authorized to access this page.
You do not have sufficient configuration rights to change protocol settings.
Only users with full configuration rights may view or change these settings."

It there any other solution or workaround?

Regard,
Juergen.