5401 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Home Page >Performance

Mikael_17
Advisor

System Home Page >Performance

Hi

I was looking today after the "Performance box" in System Home page on a newly installed HP Proliant installed with Smart Start 7.50

On a machine with Support Pack 7.00 i can find it and set processor treshold and Pagefile treshold.

Anybody who know where i find the missing settings on the newly System Home page.

Regards Mikael
3 REPLIES 3
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

Re: System Home Page >Performance

I don't believe those options are available anymore. You really don't want to set processor thresholds anyway though. If you search for threads about that feature and the issues people have with it and the cluster monitor service (since there is no way to disable proc threshold traps for clusters) you will see that the volume of warnings it will generate will be staggering.

I have eight 8-way nodes that generate about 50 msgs per day each since everytime a proc tops out it generates a trap and sends it off. It's really quite annoying since there is no way to disable it. I can't imagine wanting this feature turned on on purpose lol.

An easy way to monitor pagefile usage is to set a file system threshold warning for the partition that contains the pagefile. If you allow your pagefiles to grow as required then if you have a memory-leak or some app that is eating memory eventually it will consume HDD space until it triggers a trap. Personally, I use fixed pagefile sizes to specifically prevent this from happening.
"Did you get that memo?"
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

For some reason the "Performance" box on the SMH was renamed "Operating System". You should find all those same links inside the "new" box.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Mikael_17
Advisor

Hi

I got the answer last friday.

I had to upgrade some HP-program (all that is included in Support Pack 7.51)

After that i found that I was looking for in "Operating System" instead of "Performance".

Regards Mikael