Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753463 Members
4668 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Home Page login failure

System Home Page login failure

I recently inherited a DL360-G5 with Win 2003 R2 standard installed. The HP system agent install was not completed on it - looks like the previous installer (he no longer works here) just put the OS CD in and boot installed that way instead of doing a Smartstart install - then went back and installed the system Home page as an after thought becuase I could see that not all the Server Foundation agents were installed or running. All login attempts to the System Home Page failed with a logon failure.

I did an entire PSP install with overwrite for all drivers and agents from the v7.80 Smart start CD - PSP now says all drivers and agents are up to date and installed correctly. I can see the correct Foundation agents are running in the services control panel and compared them to another correctly configured server - no differences in the number\type of services installed\running.

SNMP is installed - configured and running.

The System Home page still fails authentication during login using the systems local "administrator" login.

I've checked with the 7.80 Smartstart CD twice now with a PSP install and see no version differences or pieces needing update or install. Does anyone have a direction I could go in from here so I can get the local system configured and then I could import the SIM cert and manage from there (The system was never Discovered by my central SIM system (5.1 - SP1))

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

You might try another administrator level ID. Or you can try administrator again but this time enter the credentials as a combination of domainname\adminstrator or localsystemname\administrator - using the domain name of your domain or the name of the system you are trying to login to. This happens often on systems that have been setup as domain controllers.

Good luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?

This server is in a workgroup - not domain joined. I've tried servername\administrator, workgroupname\administrator, administrator and domain\administrator... but all I get is login failure on the system home page.

I've even put an "operator" account on the local box and tried that - no good, getting frustrated and I can't reload the server becasue of the production third party software running on it.
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor

I would uninstall all the HP 7.80 software in "Add Remove Programs", reboot, download 7.90a which is current, start the install and configure the SMH to allow who ever is logged on locallaly to have admin access to the SMH.
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Well - the SMH is just making an OS api call to verify the credentials. So either there is a setting in the SMH that is filtering the credentials or they are not valid credentials. The suggestion about reinstalling is good - either use the force option or preconfigure the installation as was suggested. If you can get in after the install I would verify the "Security" settings of the SMH to make sure they do not look odd. Also, if you are an HPSIM user you might try the HPSIM Configure and Repair Agent Setting feature to see if it has any effect. There is a way to disable the Administrator group from getting default access to SMH but requires a modification to the configuration XML. I think that an uninstall and install would get rid of the old XML configuration file. It should definitely overwrite it if you preconfigure the package and use the force option.

Good luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?

OK - Uninstalled SHM from Control panel, rebooted, installed entire 7.90 PSP including SHM, rebooted again - did this all as the local machine "administrator" account.

7.90 updated successfully - no errors in the PSP logs, and I still can not login to the SHM as any account, local administrator - operator, a local account I created with administrator rights... nothing

Tried HPSIM Config and Repair agent - failed
"HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to connect to the target. Retry with administrator credentials for this target."

Yet the credentials I used were the local machine administrator account...
Carlsberg
Frequent Advisor

Michael ,
How did you configure the SMH when you reinstalled it?