New Discussion юеВ

System Homepage and Version Control Agent

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon J. Weel
Occasional Contributor

System Homepage and Version Control Agent

Hello all,

I have a problem with the System Home Page (SHP) - or to be more specific - the Version Control Agent (VCA). As I start the SHP, it reports a time-out after a while. I checked the logfile and found out the VCA is causing this problem.

Installed the latest PSP (7.60), installed the repository manager, reinstalled the VCA, but it still won't work.

Tried searching these forums, but I guess the search-engine is on the blink - entering phrases like "Control agent" or "Systems Management Homepage" result in 0 hits?

Anyone know how to get the VCA going?

Greetings,

Simon Weel
2 REPLIES 2
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: System Homepage and Version Control Agent

Do you have the VCA configured with the server name of the system running the VCRM? If you do, you might also try the IP address in case there is a DNS issue.

The VCA also gets its software inventory information from SNMP - so you might want to make sure SNMP is probably configured on the system.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Simon J. Weel
Occasional Contributor

Re: System Homepage and Version Control Agent

Hello Rich,

Should have known, if I had read the manual more carefully... The SNMP service was running, but never configured... Done so using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324263 and the problem is solved.

Thanks!

Greetings,

Simon Weel