Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Management HomePage

joshd
Occasional Advisor

System Management HomePage

I am running SIM 5 monerting about 200 servers
out of the those I have 6 that will not display the system home page. The window pops up and says that there is no home page. The servers all have the home page installed and the service is running. I can remote into the servers and pull up the home page there but it wont show up in SIM or when I try to get to it through the web. Im at the end of my knowledge and still no luck.
9 REPLIES
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management HomePage

You might try running an Identify task against the ones that are having the problem. Perhaps when HPSIM first identified it the SMH was not up and running on those systems or there was some issue in identifying the SMH.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
joshd
Occasional Advisor

No joy. It still says the same thing im starting to think it may be a problem with the SNMP port. Thanks for your help though.
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Oh sorry - I guess I didn't read your post well enough. You can only access SMH when you are local to the system? Not even remotely over the network - outside of HPSIM. There was an older version of SMH that did not properly bind to all the IP addresses in a system and as such might cause this problem. What version of SMH do you have installed on these systems?

-Rich
joshd
Occasional Advisor

Im running HPSM Homepage v2.1.0.121
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Well, the latest SMH component was just posted. You might try installing it on one system and see if it behaves any differently. It is posted here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23388.html

Another possibility is to check your security settings for SMH. It is possible to restrict access to the SMH both by limiting the IP address the SMH will bind to and by limiting the IP addresses that it will repond to on the network. If these settings are set or set improperly it may cause this type of problem.

If you can get to the SMH locally on the system you can look at those settings here:

go to the settings tab - the link trail is basically settings -> system management homepage -> security

on this page the two options to look at are IP Binding and IP Restricted Login.

-Rich
joshd
Occasional Advisor

Both fields have been left blank which is the same configuration as my other servers that are working. I wont be able able to reinstall the home page for a while but Ill give it a shot as soon as I can. Thank for your help.
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

I'm having the same issue on a newly installed 380G4. Used RDP to provision. Same scripts and source files work fine on other 380s. The only difference is I'm trying to setup iLO in my SIM (which is new to me). I'm wondering if some of those SNMP settings might be interfering.

Are you adding you iLO into SIM?
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Getting access to the homepage is not SNMP related. Getting into the homepage but not seeing any data *might* be SNMP related. As stated before there was a version of the SMH that did not properly bind to all the IP's in the system. This could sometimes result in being able to access the SMH "locally" through the loopback address but not through HPSIM or when browsed to directly from another system.

-Rich
joshd
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help.