5216 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

I have a problem connecting to the SMHP \\server:2381\
IE gives the cannot find message. However, the problem is not consistent, a reboot may resolve the issue for a while and then the problem re-occurs. Is there a service that may be failing here?
94 REPLIES 94
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

may be yes. check the "HP System Management Homepage" service is running properly and set to automatic.
and try https://:2381
Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

Hi, on checking the HP System Management Homepage service I find that it is running. A stop/start allowed connection again one time only. Subsequent connections show the basic Home page with no agents etc in the lefthand pane.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Did you installed PSP(proliant support pack) properly on the server?
If yes what is ur server type and PSP version?
Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

I have Proliant ML350-G3, running Windows Server 2003 as a DC. The latest PSP recently updated to 8.00 as the reference pack, SMHP is version 2.1.11.197. I have noticed that stop/start SMHP service appears to resolve the issue as all the agents re-appear. A logoff/logon produces an empty SMHP container again necessitating a restart of the service. I have forced a re-install of SMHP but will probably need to do a reboot to ensure all is OK even though the install returned code 1. I will not be able to do that until later today. All other items installed from PSP are showing green.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

yes version 8 is fine. just i m waiting for ur servers to rebboot :-)
Da Kadre
Occasional Contributor

This seems to be an issue with PSP 8.0.
Myself and another were having the same issue with the SMH after installing PSP 8.0.

Luckily I had only applied PSP 8.0 on 3 servers and all 3 servers were exhibiting the same symptoms with the SMH dieing but service was still started.

I installed the SMH, VCA, and Insight Management Agents from 7.91A on those 3 servers and everything is working as intended now.
Steve Evernham
Advisor

I have the same problem on 2 BL20P G4 blades. Restarting the service resolves the issue for one access of the homepage and then its dead again. We've reinstalled the entire PSP 8.00 package multilple times and still have the same problem. SMH is version 2.1.11.197. We also have upgraded a BL20P G3 from 7.91 to 8.00 and it is working fine.

The two servers that are failing are running W2K3 SP2 and the one that works is W2K3 SP1. I wonder if its got something to do with the service pack?
Steve Evernham
Advisor

I upgraded the SMH to 2.1.11.197 (from PSP 8.00) that is running everything else from PSP 7.91. The server is W2K3 SP2 (BL20P G4). The problem does not happen. I'm thinking that the problem is being caused by another component of the 8.00 package.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Same problem here. I am using the new WBEM agents and have completely remove SNMP and the System Management Agents. Anyone else have that configuration?

Nelson