Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748169 Members
4345 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

Gallagher Bassett

I too am experiencing this issue. I've installed PSP 8.0A on multiple servers (ProLiant BL460c G1) and everything appeared to install fine. But SMH won't open - its as if it wasn't running. Checked the service and everything was fine. Restart the service and I am able to get into SMH. This always seems to happen after a reboot (since installing PSP 8.0A).
I've got 3 of these servers acting like this and possibly more. If I can't find a resolution soon I'm going to go back to PSP 7.91.
Steve Evernham
Advisor

It would be nice to see a response from HP on this issue.
I plan on building out a new server and upgrading the PSP components one at a time to 8.00A to see when it begins to have a problem. I am not convinved that it is the Homepage bu itselfs that is causing it to be unresponsive.
Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

OK, rebooted and get no access to SMHP. Did a stop/start on the SMHP service, got the one time only access, checked VCR was OK, and left it there. Went back a couple of hours later and the VCR page showed an internal server error, not much other detail. The actual W2K3 server was running just fine.
I guess from the response that there appears to be more to this. Will await an outcome from HP.
Steve Evernham
Advisor

Seems like there are several different posts about problems with 8.00a.
Ex: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1215470

The common resolution seems to be to revert back to 7.91. Is HP doing anything?? Has anyone opened an actual case with them, if not I will.
Mike Stead
Advisor

I opened a case a few days ago. They have moved it around internally between the SIM team and the ProLiant support team. Between these two teams is seems like they have no clue.

We'll see....I am waiting for a call back.
scsibus
Advisor

Glad to see this chatter since I too am having the exact same issue. Have also seen other threads speaking directly to this problem of non-responsive SMH agents.
Markus Hodel_3

Does anybody know the status of this case? I'm sure there is people around the world waiting for a solution. We staged 6 new servers this week and applied the newest SIM Servicepack. Now all the servers show this effect with the SIM page disconnectin after a few minutes after rebooting.
Mike Stead
Advisor

I am still waiting for HP to get back to me on my open case. If I don't hear anything by 1pm central I will be calling them back today. If I learn anything I'll be sure to post it right away.
Mike Stead
Advisor

"Your support rep is not available at this time. Please press 1 to leave a message or press 2 to have another support rep contact you right away"

That was at 1pm, nothing yet...not impressed with the support on this one.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Anyone NOT using SIM 5.2 and having this problem? After installing the VC hotfix for 5.2, the problem seems to have gone away.

I am wondering if this is just a problem with 5.2 and 8.0 Agents. Maybe SIM is "poking" the 8.0 VCAgent incorrectly causing it to bomb the SMH...and the VC hotfix fixes this.

I know - pretty unlikely, but I can't explain otherwise why the problem seems fixed now...

Nelson