Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752594 Members
3115 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

Fvindigni

System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

We just started having this issue where HP Clients cannot connect to the VC repository due to the system management homepage becomes unresponsive. The work around is to stop and start the SMH service on the system which is hosting the VC repository. This behavior just started about two weeks ago when we started to introduce BL460G7s into our environment. I found an old forum which HP had the same issue a couple of years back. Hopefully they will implement a fix faster this time. Has anyone come up with a fix to this besides HPтАЩs suggestion to install another repository on another system? I could write a small script to restart the SMH service but thatтАЩs not a fix, itтАЩs just a workaround. Here is the URL to the forum I found:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1300890360153+28353475&threadId=1214736
3 REPLIES 3
pkrai
Trusted Contributor

Can you try with latest SMH to see, if the problem is still there?

You can also verify the problem, by going through their logs (available in hp\hpsmh\logs folder).

Thanks.
Fvindigni

We are running the latest version, HP System Management Homepage v6.3.0.22. Upgrading to this version didn't resolve the problem.
Fvindigni

I finally went thru the logs in the \hp\hpsmh\logs folder and in the error_log file I notice a lot of entries referencing client error with the various IP address of the HP clients trying to communicate with this system. Following these entries is a reference to an unclean shutdown of Apache which might be due to an engineer rebooting the system or stopping and starting the SMH service. on the system. I haven't determined that yet but there is definitely a pattern.