1753463 Members
4616 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

FrankW
Frequent Advisor

Re: System Management Homepage - Cannot Connect

Have found this problem as well. No changes with SIM, just installed the Support Pack 8.00.

As an added bonus, now getting lots of application error report popups on the console from wmiprvse.exe, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll, version 2.1.0.0. To the tune of dozens per day.

I will be trying to revert back to 7.91. Everyone should be advised that 'upgrading' to version 8.00 software is not a good idea!
Mike Stead
Advisor

So far they have had me uninstall the agents twice and reinstall back to 7.91 and let it sit to be sure it works. Today we will manually install 8.00 again to see if it works.

In this last round of uninstalling they had me uninstall both SNMP and WMI SNMP Provider services from Windows completely before reinstalling the PSP.

No real progress yet.
Terry_92
Frequent Advisor

Seems like an awfull lot of work for a lot of people for something that should not have been broken in the first place!
Mike Stead
Advisor

Reinstalled 8.00 PSP today per HP. Within two hours the SMH was not responding.

I let them know and I was just informed that they will be escalating the call to a 3rd support level today and to expect a call from a 3rd level engineer in the next 2 business days.

The saga continues.....
Steve Evernham
Advisor

My case is being forwarded to the SIM team ... so I was told. I still haven't gotten anything from them other than the install instructions. I'm going to wait until 1 PM and then call again.
Mike Stead
Advisor

So far I have been with both the ProLiant and the SIM teams. I am not sure where I am going now.
JD13

I am having this issue as well on several different servers after upgrading to System Management Homepage v2.1.11.197 (Support Pack 8.00). I have also noticed that the SMH and VCA only stop responding after a system logoff. They respond fine until I log off the system. The SMH service is still running, but does not respond either through SIM or locally via the desktop shortcut unless SMH is restarted. Rebooting is not necessary, only restarting the service. For the systems on which I have tried reverting to the previous version of the SMH, I have had to manually uninstall SMH and VCA and install the versions from Support Pack 7.91.
Ervinck Kevin
Valued Contributor

Indeed manually removing VCA and SMH and installing these from psp7.91 does the trick.
JD13

Additional bit of information that I have found for those who may be interested or communicating directly with HP:

If I log onto one of the affected servers with Remote Desktop using the /console switch or log on using the local KVM interface, then log off, SMH becomes unresponsive after logoff and requires a service restart. If I log on to one of the affected systems with Remote Desktop and do NOT use the /console switch, logoff does not render SMH unresponsive. I have tested this repeatedly on all my systems that have been upgraded to SMH v2.1.11.197 and it is consistent on ALL of them.

This may be a work-around for some making it unnecessary to go through the hassle of manually uninstalling SMH with file deletes and registry edits, until HP provides a fixed version.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I agree with JD13's assement. I get the same results. Nice job finding this out!

Someone give this man some points!

Nelson