4426 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage Service Missing

Ben Curry
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage Service Missing

Hi,
I recently upgraded a PSP on a Windows 2003 server from 7.30A to 7.80A. It has worked fine on others but on this particular server, I am having issues.
The installation seemed to go fine and the server rebooted itself upon completion. I tried to go into the SMH however and it would not allow me to (it came up with Internet Page cannot be displayed). Upon investigation, I found that the SMH service was missing and the VCA service was not started. The VCA service will not start but I believe that to be because the SMH service is missing.
I have tried to push the SMH again and it says that it has successfully installed but still does not work. I have tried to uninstall the SMH via "Add/Remove Programs" but it comes up with an error -5001 and asks to make sure that a previous setup has finished.
I cannot do anything with this server's SMH or VCA at the moment so am askinf for some help!!
Has anyone had this problem before or know how to fix this???

Thanks in advance....
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage Service Missing

Try uninstalling the HP management agents, VCA, and homepage through Add/Remove programs. Make sure you reboot. Then try installing again from the PSP.
simonwirral
Advisor

I'm getting a similar problem, after upgraded a PSP on a Windows 2003 server from 7.80 to 8.0 The SMH service is running (and set to auto) but the SMP is not available. If I login to the server and restart the service then SMP works till i log off. The Service is set to "Log On" as system account.

is there more to this box of bits???
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

yeah i think u should try in stalling PSP 7.91 thats the best till date. 8.0 has lot of issue i seen this is one of them.
Install 7.91 everything will be alright.