Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752579 Members
4082 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

System Management Homepage Version 7.2.x.x, Extended Support Release?

Content Development Tea
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage Version 7.2.x.x, Extended Support Release?

Hello,

I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not the 7.2.x.x line of System Management Homepage is an extended support release / long term service branch (similar to Mozilla releasing two versions of Firefox, and the ESR has no new features, just security fixes). The coinciding releases of the 7.2 line with the 7.3, 7.4, and 7.5 versions indicates that the 7.2 line may not be disappearing (and may stick around to support Server 2K3). If anyone knows this information or can contact HP I would be very appreciative; HP chat/phone support will not answer any questions (no matter how simple) without an SAID or care pack.

Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage Version 7.2.x.x, Extended Support Release?

The support since PSP 8.70 only contains security patches like the open SSL patches we had lately. So i think they would rather drop support but Many people still have 2003 servers.

This might be the last year and i think that's more than reasonable but then again i don't work at Hp. As long as large customers demand 2003 support they tend to update the 2003 server line.

One other thing would be the hardware support for Windows 2003 on newer generation servers.

Kind regards,

Andrew