cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Management Homepage problems

Ulf Zimmermann
Frequent Advisor

System Management Homepage problems

I got a number of DL360g5 and DL380g5 I can't get the system management homepage to work correctly. The OS is RedHat EL4 Update 5 x86_64, all systems are identical installed (same RPMs).

On most systems when I log into the SMH I get just the top frame (Home/Settings/Logs), the left frame (Integrated Agents, which lists Foundation Agents, Server Agent, Storage Agent, NIC Agent and Version Control Agent). On the right side I only get the Overall System Status box, none of the others. When loading the SMH, it shows the "Loading data, please wait...", after a while a popup comes with "A timeout occured while loading data for the HP System Management Homepage which may result in missing or incomplete information. See the HP System Management Homepage log for additional information."

On some machines I still get the popup with the time out but some of the boxes show up, with exception of the NIC Agent and the VC Agent. VC Agent still works when clicked on.

All these machines have the onboard bnx2 nics and a dual port server adapter e1000. On a pair of DL380g5 I just installed which have no e1000, this works fine.

Any tips on how I can get the NIC agent to behave?
2 REPLIES
John Wade
Occasional Visitor

Re: System Management Homepage problems

We are seeing exactly the same thing with RedHat EL4, PSP 7.80 Anyone have a clue?
Ulf Zimmermann
Frequent Advisor

Re: System Management Homepage problems

As a late follow up, I never figured this one out. All of our systems after a short while began to behave ok. The only thing I can think of is that after some traffic has gone through the e1000 nics, things went to normal.