Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Management Homepage redirects to wrong server?

kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

System Management Homepage redirects to wrong server?

I've seen this a lot over the years I've been using SIM - since 4.2 or so I guess it's been. Anyhow, occasionally the SMH on any given server somehow redirects to the wrong server. Looking at the browser window, the past always shows "http://127.0.0.1/...", yet the server name is not correct and I am actually looking at the SHM of the named server, not the server I'm connected to or even logged in directly on. Even stranger is that I always get redirected to the same server, which happens to be our ISA proxy server. I'm considering this may be something to do with the SMH not installed correctly, a browser bug sending requests for 127.0.0.1 to the ISA proxy instead of finding the page locally, or a bug in some versions of the SHM or other PSP component.

Anyone else come across this?
3 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage redirects to wrong server?

127.0.0.1 is equivalent to localhost. Make sure that you have added it to your proxy exception list in your browser.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Try selecting "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" in LAN settings window of Internet Explorer, or similar option in any other browser.
kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the input, but I confirmed browser settings before posting. Probably should have mentioned that, but I was so dumbfounded about why any request for 127.0.0.1 would go anywhere other than local I didn't think to add that to my post. You both definitely have me looking back at IE behavior instead of at the SMH now though. I don't recall if I've ever seen this happen when using Firefox to access the SMH, I'll have to try that.