4688 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage timeout

Tommy Balle
Occasional Advisor

System Management Homepage timeout

Hi

Locally on my HP SIM server, i get a timeout during loading the local System Management Homepage. It have worked fine before.

I thougt it was problems with the SNMP settings, but when i access the settings page it has no settings for SNMP!?!?

Every page i load in the System Management Homepage return with a timeout, but it loads data!?!?

Please help

Regards Tommy from snowing Denmark
28 REPLIES 28
kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Check the SNMP settings again. If these are Windows systems, make sure on the SNMP security tab you are allowing SNMP packets from localhost (either select the option to allow SNMP from any host, which I don't recommend, or allow packets from specific hosts and list both localhost and your SIM server).
Peter Jin
Advisor

I have been having the exact same issues, w/timeouts on any page of the CMH. I also noticed that my VCRM can no longer access the main site also. I checked my SNMP settings and all are fine as it is locked down. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Tommy Balle
Occasional Advisor

Yes, thats correct the VCRM is also unresponsive.

I have tried uninstalling every component, but no that does not solve the problem!
Brian P.Kelly
Advisor

To resolve your issue of the SMH timing out, open the servers SMH, go to logs, open the SMH log, go to the bottom of the log, you'll see the most recent entry of opening the SMH. Within it you'll see all of the components start up times most s/b 0. You'll see one that has a larger #. That's the amount of time it took to open that component. There's your culprit.
Tommy Balle
Occasional Advisor

Hi Brian

I'm not sure what you culprit??

I can not see any startuptimes?!

Here is my last 3 logentries:

WARNING LOG (severity=1) Thu Jan 19 06:12:29 2006
Secure Task Execution User:auto_generated was DENIED access to System Management Homepage to invoke target URL=/Proxy/STE

INFORMATION LOG (severity=0) Thu Jan 19 14:31:05 2006
User:administrator from 127.0.0.1 was authenticated and authorized with 'Administrator' rights

INFORMATION LOG (severity=0) Thu Jan 19 14:31:06 2006
User:hpsim from 53.205.25.7 was authenticated and authorized with 'Administrator' rights

Regards Tommy
NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Folks,

I am having the exact problem w/ one of my servers. I uninstalled and re-installed the Insight Agents as well as the Version Control Agent.

I looked at the System Management Homepage log, but it doesn't reveal any problems. All it states is that I logged in w/ Administrator equivalent rights.
NewKidd2
Frequent Advisor

Folks,

I found the answer on another posting about this issue(thanks to Bret Manning). Here's the fix he provided:

Add "localhost" with the SNMP Service (Security Properties), Accept SNMP packets from these hosts.

Tommy Balle
Occasional Advisor

Hi Edwin

Nope - does solve the problem. I had the localhost present in my snmp service, but i tried to remove it and add it again but it did not change anything!

My biggest concern is why i can not see the SNMP properties inside the SMH under settings!?!?

Regards Tommy
Neil H Davies

I've also got this problem, but have found it to be related to my VCRM. When it is cleared out and the server re-loaded, it all works fine.

If another synchronise is run from the HP servers, eventually it falls over again. I've tried this on other servers, and the same keeps happening. I'm running version 2.1.3.740 of the VCRM.

This then seems to affect all servers using the repository.