Re: System Management Homepage timeout

Hi

How do you clear it??

TB
Neil H Davies

There are files on the C:, usually under:

C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository

They are two XML files, one should be 6Mb approx. and one should be 5Kb approx.

Delete them both and run an update from HP on the VCRM. It may be a good idea to keep copies of these files as it's become corrupt on several occasions and needs to be replaced.

Thanks,
Neil
Lolo_2
Occasional Advisor

The XML Files doesn't exist in this folder "C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository".

And I have problems with my repository manager which put me a timeout!!
Tommy Balle
Occasional Advisor

Hi Neil

I deleted the files (renamed) and restarted the server, now the SMH - VCRM becomes completely unstable. I get the following error:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

!!?

Regards Tommy
GVC
Occasional Advisor

Same problem. I'm using an unattended setup to install Windows and the HP Support pack and this setup has run succesfully for more then 50 times. This is the first time I run it on a DL560 and now this Management Hompage issue shows up. It's related to the Version Control Agent because wen I uninstall this component the homepages works fine. I'm using the latest support pack v7.40B. I re├Г┬пnstalled the server from scratch multiple times and also tried re├Г┬пnstalling the Version Control Agent and the Support Pack manually. The problem remains. I didn't find any errors in the system event log or the Support Pack installation log...
Neil H Davies

You could also try clearing out the folder (or renaming) that contains your repository files. Under C:\Repository by default.

You should restart the VCRM, SIM and possibly all other HP services on the VCRM server.

This is what has solved my issue, but do not know if anything else may cause this to happen.

Thanks,
Neil
GVC
Occasional Advisor

My VCRM is working fine for my other servers, so I don't think it has anything to do with it.
I just reinstalled my server again (W2K3SP1) and installed the Support Pack (v7.40A for a change) manually. I didn't make any changes to the support pack so the components are not configured (just extracted the support pack and executed bp000247.cmd). Opening the VCA from within the management homepage returns the error 'The VCA encountered an error while obtaining the software and firmware inventory'. The fact that the VCA is not configured proves this problem has nothing to do with the VCRM.
I also noticed the System Management Homepage doesn't show any components (NIC, Performance ...) in the right pane, it only shows a 'Version Control'-box with a blue border. The 'System Model' field in the top right corner shows 'unknown'. There's definatly an serious issue with the support for the DL560.

GVC
Occasional Advisor

Just noticed the Management Homepage shows an error in the IE-statusbar while loading. The error is:
- Line 1892
- Error: 'iscsiInstanceAttributesEntry' is undefined
- Code: 0
- URL: https://127.0.0.1:2381/proxy/smhui/chptree.htm

My other servers don't show this error.
GVC
Occasional Advisor

Updated the HP Insight Management Agents to v7.41.0.0. This took care of the 'iscsiInstanceAttributesEntry'-error, but still no VCA...
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

GVC,
Regarding this statement:

" The fact that the VCA is not configured proves this problem has nothing to do with the VCRM."

You are correct in that it is not a VCRM issue. However, if you have the VCA installed and it is not configured - it can cause the SMH timeout. This is because the VCA tries to connect and get information from the VCRM when the SMH starts up. If it is not properly configured or if the VCA cannot "see" the VCRM it will cause a timeout as it cannot connect to it.

Other errors that I saw on this thread about VCA encountering problems getting version information - sound like possible SNMP configuration issues as that is where the VCA gets the version information.

Just some suggestions, good luck.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?