1748032 Members
4718 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage timeout

GVC
Occasional Advisor

Problem solved! Updated the system ROM (P30) to version '9/15/2004' and the ILO firmware to 1.82.

However the 'System Model' is still 'unknown' on the System Management Homepage...
Peter Jin
Advisor

I ended up re-installing the entire PSP which resolved my time out errors, but still cannot connect to my VCRM or VCA. Still digging into logs to find a cause....
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Peter,

what do you mean by "cannot connect to my VCRM or VCA" are you able to browse to VCRM and VCA pages?

what is the exact problem you have?
Daniel Barr
Advisor

I'm having the same problem with my VCRM. If I stop the VCRM service, my SMH pages load just fine. But when I start the VCRM again, all SMH pages get the timeout error described by others. I have tried the suggestions of removing the two XML files from C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository, and also clearing out my repository directory, both to no avail. For the meantime I have to disable the VCRM service and just stop using it.
GVC
Occasional Advisor

I forgot to mention that I also had to configure the SNMP-service to solve my VCA timeout-problem. At least you have to give 'read only-rights to the community 'public'.

To summarize how I solved my problem:
- Updated System ROM and ILO firmware (a specific DL560 issue)
- Updated HP Insight Management Agents to v7.41.0.0.
- Configured the SNMP service ('public: read only')
Daniel Barr
Advisor

Thanks GVC...unfortunately my servers are already fully updated (ROM and Agents) and the SNMP service is configured. We don't use public as a community name for security reasons, but the community names are set on every server.

Is the problem that the server running VCRM must allow read-only SNMP access on the "public" community string? If so, then I flat out can't use VCRM as having a public community string would violate my server security policies.
GVC
Occasional Advisor

You'll have to use the community string that is used by the HP-software. Probabely you'll find more info in the documentation. I found the SNMP-settings in another topic on this forum. If the HP-software is using 'public' and there's no way to change it then you have a problem.
gldiii
Frequent Advisor

This is still an issue, and the Version Control agent is the culprit. It is timing out when you try to load SMH or VCA itself. The SMH log shows the following:

ERROR LOG (severity=2) Fri Dec 08 11:21:12 2006
UI Timeout -- Nav Load Time: 24s [breakdown: dataprotection(Protect Your Data): 0s || hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 0s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 0s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 24s || vcrepository(HP Version Control Repository Manager): 0s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

VCA has a 24s load time while all the rest are 0s. If you stop the VCA service everything loads fine. Tried loading the latest VCA (version 2.1.5.760 (25 Sep 06)
) still the same issue. One thing to note, this is happening only on the SIM server itself. SNMP is configured fine, and public also is added. HP DO YOU HAVE AN ANSWER?!?!
herbert lawrence

Quick fix for me allow read-only SNMP access on the "public" community string? Worked like a charm!!!!