cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Management Homepage vs remote access

Peter V.
Occasional Contributor

System Management Homepage vs remote access

Problem accessing a SMH 2.1.2.127 running on a Proliant ML350 - Windows 2003 server (not member of a domain yet) :

I'm able to login locally but not from a XP workstation on the same LAN : the login page keeps refreshing without any error (the "Login failed" error appearing only when I choose a non-existent user).

I don't think it's a browser or firewall issue : as soon as "Anonymous Access" is granted, I'm able to login remotely. However, I don't want that kind of access for security purpose...

No IP Binding and Restricted login have been setup. Any idea ?

Thanks !

5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage vs remote access

You will need to supply login credentials for the local server, not the domain when logging into the SMH.
You may need to use the form:
localServer\Username
in the login field.
Peter V.
Occasional Contributor

Rob,

I tried to log in using either the Username alone or by providing LocalServer\Username and the symptom is the same...

Edward Latzko_1
Occasional Advisor

A domain user/group account will work as long as it is a member of the local Administrators group. If the server is in a domain by default the Domain Admins group is added.
Highlighted
Peter V.
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved.

The server name has a non-standard character "_". Changing it to something standard and making sure that it has been registered in our DNS allows me to access it remotely.

Thanks again!
Peter V.
Occasional Contributor

See solution above