108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage will not display

Richard Zeigler
Advisor

Hi -

I have the latest PSP: 7.51a
I removed SMH and reran the PSP. Same results.
The other services that are started are:

HP Insight Event Notifier
HP Insight Foundation Agents
HP Insight NIC Agent
HP Insight Server Agents
HP Insight Storage Agents

I have the standard IE that comes with 2003 (which has the Enhanced Security Configuration)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&FamilyID=d41b036c-e2e1-4960-99bb-9757f7e9e31b

Thanks for any assistance...
Richard Zeigler
Advisor

Hi -

I have another clue:

If Use TLS 1.0 is enabled in the Internet Options (Advanced tab), the web page is displayed.

If the Use TLS 1.0 is disabled in the Internet Options, the homepage is not displayed.

Does this look like an authentication issue?
Is there a way to have the homepage authenticate via SSL (rather than TSL)? I really believe this has to do with the security settings. I just don't know what...

Regards

Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

The SMH supports both TLS and SSL. The only recent change is that SSLv2 is disabled by default but SSLv3 works. If you need SSLv2 there is a way to enable it with a keyword in a configuration file. However, both SSLv3 and TLS should work.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Guy P. Perkins
Occasional Advisor

Try https://servername:50000 from any browser other than your SIM Server, this should open the SMH.
Christian Henderson
Occasional Advisor

I too have been experiencing this problem today. I've had to reboot the insight manager server three times just to be able to get into the insight manager homepage. I've tried restarting all HP services, but that didn't make a difference. The insight manager server in question we have is a fully patched win2000 server. We have a win2003 server running insight manager that doesn't experience this issue. I haven't found any relevant event logs, and no application comes up in task manager. Just a cpq process that sites idle. And every time I try to load the homepage, another process gets added that sits idle and never loads. Is this a common issue?

CH
Guy P. Perkins
Occasional Advisor

if that still doesn't work, check your proxy setting on your browser. Occassionally I have changed my proxy, and not changed it back and SMH won't even begin to respond.
Mohamed AbouHaggar
Occasional Advisor

Hi there all

Have the same problem on ML570, it happend after applying PSP 7.4. The difference here is that it displays locally but will not display from any other machine.
Another identical system we have did not face the problem.
Both systems have the same exact settings in System Management security page.
The only difference is that the one affected has Exchange 2000 running on it and it is a member server, the other is a DC.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

TIA
Don Rancourt

Had the same problem on our servers. Only seems to occur on our IIS servers with multiple IP addresses bound to the NIC.

If you are running IIS with multiple sites, and you have IP addresses for these aliases as is typcally the case on intranet sites, then these IP addresses are bound to the nic card.

Try launching the https://secondipaddress:2381 to see if this brings up the page ...

There is a setting in the home page to force HP SIM to bind to only the specific addresses (will always bind to 127.0.0.1;2381 no matter what the settings are on this page) ... have not had much success in forcing the binding ... may need a reboot
Mohamed AbouHaggar
Occasional Advisor

thanks Don

your response was right on the dot. my machine does have 2 IP adresses.
Christian Henderson
Occasional Advisor

Does anyone know where the setting is to bind the homepage to a certain IP address? I can't find it.

CH