1752574 Members
4629 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage

Troy DeHaven
Advisor

System Management Homepage

System Management Hompage service consume 95% of CPU. When the service is running the CPU peaks out. Try to open the page and won't open either.
7 REPLIES 7
Christian Henderson
Occasional Advisor

I too have been experiencing this problem today. I've had to reboot the insight manager server three times just to be able to get into the insight manager homepage. I've tried restarting all HP services, but that didn't make a difference. The insight manager server in question we have is a fully patched win2000 server. We have a win2003 server running insight manager that doesn't experience this issue. I haven't found any relevant event logs, and no application comes up in task manager. Just a cpq process that sites idle. And every time I try to load the homepage, another process gets added that sits idle and never loads. Is this a common issue? When you reboot, are you able to get into the insight homepage?

CH
Troy DeHaven
Advisor

I am able to get into Insight Manager at all times. I just can't get into the System Management Homepage of the server of which Insight Manager is installed on. The server it is installed on is a Windows 2003 Enterprise fully patched. I have been working with HP to try and resolve but haven't had any resolution yet. I have severall Windows 2000 machines running the new System Management homepage and they seem to be working fine.
Tad Swierad
Occasional Advisor

Which version of the Homepage are you guys running?
Troy DeHaven
Advisor

It is 2.1.5.146
(VJ)
Advisor

I have been running the same version System Management Homepage on both Server 2000 and Server 2003 boxes but never had any dramans whatsoever.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what version of PSP you are running but System Management Homepage Ver 2.1.5.146 B is included in PSP 7.51A. If I were you I would try to reinstall the PSP or if not already upgrade to PSP 7.51A and ensure that option "Allow components to overwrite newer or up-to-date versions" is checked.

Cheers
Troy DeHaven
Advisor

I have done this and still no luck. As soon as the system management homepage service starts the CPU peaks and then I try to open the page and still nothing.
Nick Morris
Advisor

I had similar problems to this. I upgraded my PSP to 7.40A (or later) and it seemed to fix the problem. Article i saw was http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00568181 which seemed related to what happened to me.

Nick