6222 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Management Homepage

dale wheatley
Advisor

System Management Homepage

Hi All,

I have one server that has "No Items" displayed when I go to the system managenment home page. The data source is empty. I cannot go to the "Select SMH Data Source" link because it does not show up.

I am using version 6.0.0.96.

Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What kind of server? OS? PSP version?
Was the entire PSP installed?
What about the VCA, what does that report?
dale wheatley
Advisor

Proliant ML350 G4

Windows 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2

I fully patched all the firmware/bios from the website on 11/24/2009. VCO does
not come up in the System Management Homepage. Is there a way to see if it was installed? Similar with the PSP. I thought I installed it, but I am not sure how to check.

At this point, I am not sure if I can't find the VCO and PSP because of the empty data source or if it is because there were not installed.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Download or get get access to the PSP. If it's already in the VCRM it'll be expanded.
You can run the setup.exe that comes with the PSP directly and point that at the server. That will give a clear picture of what's installed. You can even configure the agents etc. before you deploy them using this utility.
dale wheatley
Advisor

I just ran the PSP v. 8.3 and everything was already up to date. So that gets me back to my original problem of no Data Source. Any ideas?
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

Is SNMP Service installed and running ?
and is the SNMP Service Traps and Security tabs setup with the correct SNMP community string and trap dest set ?
dale wheatley
Advisor

SNMP Server was running. I did run the VCA and updated and once it rebooted I had the data source choices. Thanks for the help.
dale wheatley
Advisor

See above