5846 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management homepage link not appearing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Magnuson

System Management homepage link not appearing

After HPSIM discovers my server, I open the system page for that server and do not have a link for the System Management homepage. The system managementservice is running and configured correctly on the target server. Any ideas as to how to magically make the link appear so that I can finish my configuration?
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: System Management homepage link not appearing

What happens if you browse directly to the system homepage?
e.g. https://servername:2381

What else are you trying to configure or are you referring to configuration of HPSIM?
Scott Magnuson

It does work locally, I need to be able to get in and setup the VCA and do a software poll. HPSIM rolled over and died sometime ago during a software upgrade from 4.x to 5.x, now trying to have everything report back in the way it was.
Scott Magnuson

To further this along, typing in the url path you asked about returns a page cannot be displayed. I ran a netstat -a and the server is not listening for activity. The system management page does launch on the target server, just not remotley. Also, I can login locally with my domain credentials rather than the HPSIM admin account.
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor
Solution

If the server has multiple NICs or multiple IP addresses assigned to one NIC sometimes the System Management Homepage services listens on the wrong IP addresses. The easy way to determine if this is happening is to use the free TcpView utility. http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html Check which IP addresses hpsmhd.exe is listening on for ports 2301 and 2381.

The latest version of the System Management Homepage 2.1.3.132 has some fixes for the multiple IP address configurations.
Scott Magnuson

That was it, thank you for your help. Everything is working correctly and reporting perfectly.