Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753939 Members
9281 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management homepage times out....

Mike Earnheart
Occasional Advisor

System Management homepage times out....

System management homepage times out here is an excerpt from the log file. Does any of this mean anything to anyone? Cause I'm lost.

ERROR LOG (severity=2) Thu Nov 09 12:58:05 2006
UI Timeout (limit: 20s) -- Nav Load Time: 26s [breakdown: dataprotection(Protect Your Data): 0s || hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 9s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 9s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 0s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 8s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

ERROR LOG (severity=2) Thu Nov 09 14:04:28 2006
UI Timeout (limit: 20s) -- Nav Load Time: 31s [breakdown: dataprotection(Protect Your Data): 0s || hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 19s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 12s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 0s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]

ERROR LOG (severity=2) Thu Nov 09 14:04:50 2006
UI Timeout (limit: 20s) -- Nav Load Time: 25s [breakdown: dataprotection(Protect Your Data): 0s || hmanics(HP NIC Agent): 9s || hmaserv(HP Server Agent): 16s || vcagent(HP Version Control Agent): 0s || webagent(HP Foundation Agent): 0s || elm(backwards compatibility): 0s]
10 REPLIES 10
Casey Robertson

Re: System Management homepage times out....

This happened to me once when the SNMP Trap Service was not running on the SIM server. The HTTP check counter would just run and run and never log me into the console.

Also check to see if the SMH service is running on the client in question.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

The HP SMH interface times out too quickly or not as quickly as required.
HP SMH 2.1.5 and later provides a way for users to configure the GUI timeout.
To modify this setting:
1. As a precautionary measure, copy the existing smhpd.xml file into a different directory.
2. Manually add the tag:
a. Open the smhpd.xml in the \hp\hpsmh\conf directory on the boot drive with a text editor.
b. Add the following line between the and
tags:
any value between 10 and 3600
c. Save the file.
3. Restart the HP SMH service.
scott sciarrino

I'm having the Same problem. Her are my details.
1. I loaded the server using smart start but it did not load SMNP, so it did not load any of the agents.
The System Management homepage would come up but had no agents.
2. Loaded psp-7.60.w2k3.i386.exe
It loaded all the agents up, still no SMNP. So agent did not startup.
3. Loaded SMNP.
4. reloaded psp-7.60.w2k3.i386.exe
5. now my System Management homepage times out. I do not have a SIM Server.

thanks
scott sciarrino

Ok Some progress.
I changed the time out and now I get the Homepage, and I see the Agents listed on the left but I don't have them in the center of the page. the only thing in the middle is version control.

Thanks.
Mike Earnheart
Occasional Advisor

OK, looks like I got SNMP up and running and I have adjusted the time-out limit. Just like the pervious poster, I have Homepage but agents are not listed. the VCA log states that no Repository was configured, so I attempted to configure the repository but it will not connect. I have other servers that connect fine, however this one does not.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

1#Verify you re VCA is it at the most recent version.
2#Verify if you can ping you re server that the repository is in?
3#Can you donwload certificate in you're HomePage Management.
4#Will see next...
Adam Whelan

Had the same problem. Go to your snmp service and make sure you have public in the traps tab. In the security tab make sure you have public there as well. I forgot to add it in the security tab, but once I did and restarted the servies it worked just fine.
scott sciarrino

Adding the community string public under the SNMP service FIXED IT.

thanks

Scott
Project HOPE
Mike Earnheart
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to all who helped. LOOKS like SMH is up. Now I got to figure out how to set disk usage thresholds, but thats another thread. Thanks for everyones help.

mike