New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Mgt Homepage Link Can't Be Displayed from CMS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sergei Sherbin
Advisor

System Mgt Homepage Link Can't Be Displayed from CMS

Hi,
When I try to connect to some remote host's System Management Homepages from within my SIM CMS, I get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. But when I open IE outside of my SIM and type in the same host's address (https://:2381) I can connect just fine. I can connect to most of my remote hosts from my CMS just fine, but some just can't be displayed. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips I can try? Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Sergei,

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_userGuide.pdf
Pg 454,Configure/Repair Agents,hope it works.

SRH
Sergei Sherbin
Advisor

Sandeep,
Thanks for your suggestion, repairing the agent seems like the right approach. From the CMS, I attempted to repair the remote agent using all known administrative credentials (even those that can successfully access the Sys Mgt Homepage on the remote server). Regardless of the credentials I use, I get the following error:

Tool ran on: CMS (Central Management Server)
Exit code: 2
Stdout:
-------------------------------------------
Server:
Details:

Failed to create indication subscription

HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to connect to the target using the provided

username and password. Please recheck the administrator credentials before run
ning this task again.

--------------------------------------------
Report Summary
Total: 1
Normal: 0
Minor: 0
Major: 1
No valid path to talk to CIMOM for
Stderr: None

I'm beginning to think that I should reinstall the agent on the remote systems. Do you think that would help?
Thanks.
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Sergei,

Are the agents at the same level(version) on all the managed nodes?

SRH
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Sergei,

Try creating a new user and see if it makes a difference.

Refer http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1042335
for user creation.

SRH
Sergei Sherbin
Advisor

Sandeep,
I'm bogging down as I discover a variety of different system configurations and problems. I just inherited the role of "SIM Administrator" for our network (100+ servers) last week. My predecessor had upgraded from SIM 4.x to 5.x. I'm finding incorrect and inconsistent snmp settings (no loopback and missing community strings) and security settings (logons & certificates) on many of the managed systems.

To answer your question, i just created an AD w2k3 group for SIM administration and added an AD account to that group. I then added the AD group to SIM CMS using administrator template and am now logging onto CMS with that account. All seems OK.

The issue now seems to be pushing that new account to VCRM and all VCA. I'm now reading the VC Install Guide to achieve same, but getting a little shakey in the knees worrying about locking myself out of all the remote systems if something goes wrong. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your assistance!
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Sergei Sherbin
Advisor

Sandeep,
It looks like creating the new AD w2k3 group for SIM administration & permissioning it in the VCRM is doing the job! I'll test replicating the agent configs next week but I'm very optimistic my SIM is on track.

Thanks for all your help.
Best Regards,
Sergei
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Excellenti,nice to way to go into a long weekend.

SRH
Sergei Sherbin
Advisor

Problem resolved as per threads posted