Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748074 Members
5233 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Mgt Homepage not loading after PSP 7.91 upgrade.

Shyna
Frequent Advisor

System Mgt Homepage not loading after PSP 7.91 upgrade.

I have a Proliant ML370 G4 server that i upgraded the PSP to version 7.91 because of outdated version control agent but the SMH failed to load,its saying page cant' be displayed.I have tried to uninstall and reinstalled all the proliant agents,restarted the services and also the SNMP service but still the same. I even installed a lower version 7.70 but still the same with this version. Any help???
5 REPLIES 5
rob100
Occasional Advisor

I think that the problem is on the SMH itself rather than on the agents or SNMP service.
Try to upgrade to the latest version of SMH.
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Hi,

More info would be helpful.
Which is the OS installed and which was the previous PSP installed.

Regards
Sins
Shyna
Frequent Advisor

The server runs win 2003 enterprise edition and the PSP version that was there was 7.1

Thanks and i await your reseponse again.
Shyna
Frequent Advisor

I was able to install vrersion control agent 6.4 and the SMH now loads. The message on the SMH says degraded version control agent and when i was trying to upgrade to the latest version which is 7.91,there was an error message saying ( 'The software is not supported for installation on this system,the HP SMH Win32 service was not found by the installer') I tried the upgrade from a repository server and also from the smat start CD but still the same.The server runs win 2003 standard edition. I did a customised installation & choosed 32bit instead of 64bit cos the machine is 32bit. I removed and re-installed all the proliant agent and all i got was d same error message. Pls where am i getting it wrong???
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Can you jsut try this.

Uninstall all the agents.

Download 8.0 or any latest PSP from HP website.

Install all the agents freshly, so that VCA and SMH version would sinc very well.
This should work.

VCA needs SMH to be installed as a pre requsite.