cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Model : NULL

patlamhk
Frequent Advisor

System Model : NULL

I got couple of server reporting on SMH with System Model : NULL and those agent boxes are in grey color. How can I fix them without rebooting the server itself.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: System Model : NULL

I have this problem when a SIM data collect job hangs or otherwise does not finish and leaves the managed node agents corrupt. It also has something to do with the Version Control agent.

Try restarting all the Agents on the managed node. You may find the VCAgent service is hung - use taskkill.exe to kill the task first.

Also, if you are running Windows 2003 SP1 on the managed noded, you need to be at a new version of the agents. I forget which one is the golden version, but I believe it is 7.3. This upgrade, however, will require a reboot.

Nelson
patlamhk
Frequent Advisor

I tried to install the latest version of VCA, still doesn't work.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Is this install and configure this way:
1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1
#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing.

Please install the agents on the target systems, which are listed as Null.
If its a windows system Configure the SNMP with the string same as in the SIM's Global Protocol settings.
If the linux system have the problem, install All HP agents, mainly HPSMH, HPVCA and server agents like hpasm and configure hpasm by running "hpasm configure" in a terminal. and provide the srting for SNMP string DNS server. and restart the SNMP service on the same system "snmpd restart.
Idle Mind is a Devil's workshop.
Art.Dubrovsky
Occasional Visitor

The same problem on DL320 with 7.70 PSP.
I had "Model name: Unknown" before I set correct SNMP settings from working server, but all agents still grey, and the essentials - "VCA encountered an error while obtaining the software and firmware inventory"...
dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

Had this problem with the 7.7 psp installed. Downgraded the mgmt agents to 7.51 and problem went away.